These are books that have influenced who we are, what we do, and how we do it. We talk about these books every day in the tomato stand. The first section is a sampling of the books we stock and have on hand (the full list of stocked titles is in the store). The second section is books you can buy on Amazon using these affiliate links and we get a little kickback. If any of these books interests you but you’re not quite sure, just ask Dan about it and he’ll regale you until you laugh and ask him to stop, already, because you’re sold.
Chelsea Green Books
We are delighted to have stock on hand of a significant range of Chelsea Green books. We can ship these with your order. Shop the Farm Stand for the complete list.
Amazon Kindle Affiliate Titles
These books are not on our shelves but have been important to us. We encourage you to check the free preview and buy through these links.
Books not on Kindle
You’ll have to buy these in paperback.
- The Unsettling of America, by Wendell Berry
- The Good Life, by Helen and Scott Nearing
- Stolen Harvest: The Hijacking of the Global Food Supply, by Vandana Shiva
- The Wilder Shores of Gastronomy: Twenty Years of Food Writing, by Alan Davidson and Helen Saberi
- The Vegetable Garden, Album Vilmorin by Werner Dressendörfer
- The Ruth Stout No-work Garden Book, by Ruth Stout
- Bull Cook and Authentic Historical Recipes and Practices (Vol 1), by George Leonard Herter
- Fifty-Two Simple Ways to Make a Difference, by Paul Simon
More things on Amazon that you might enjoy that I can vouch for. Books and beyond.