Ingredients: Sardine (Sardinops melanostictus), Sugar, Soy sauce (Soybean, Wheat, Salt, Water), Water, Yeast Extract, Guar gum.
Wafu Iwashi Spaghetti
Japanese style soy sauce spaghetti with plenty of sardines. Mayonnaise
is the secret ingredient.
1 tin (100g) Iwashi de Kenko Soy Sauce Flavor
200 g spaghetti
6 mini tomatoes
3 spring onions
1 clove garlic
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp mayonnaise
black pepper to taste
1. Boil the pasta.
2. Cut the tomatoes in half, mince or slice the garlic, and cut the
spring onions into thin rounds – white and green parts.
3. Put the sardines with their sauce into a bowl, then mix in
mayonnaise and pepper.
4. Saute the garlic in olive oil over medium heat until fragrant;
add tomatoes and the dressed sardines and cook for 1 minute.
5. Add the cooked pasta to the frying pan, turn up to high and stir.
Season with soy sauce.
6. Top with spring onion to serve.
Check out Matthew Carlson enjoying these, Nissui Whole Sardines in Sweet Soy Sauce (Iwashi Ajitsuke), and Nissui Whole Sardines in Miso (Iwashi Miso Ni).